Saturday, November 15, 2014

Digital Badge K - Chapter 9

Chapter 9 explores many different concepts. I was interested to read more when I saw that digital video cameras was a concept in the book. While I was in school, I was able to use a digital camera for my photography class, but I could not remember a time when we used a video camera. I think that by using a video camera, it can add more variety to a play or activity that you may have in the classroom. I know many elementary students that would be super excited to be videoed or even have the opportunity to video their classmates do an activity. I hope that the opportunity to incorporate video cameras, or something similar makes its way into my classroom. Another concept that I found interesting was document camera. I have watched some teachers use this tool, and I find it really interesting. I know its great to be able to have a physical piece of paper, or objective to put under it, and remove it easily as well. The last concept that I found was graphic design. I know that this is a concept that I will struggle to utilize. I am good at coming up with ideas, but I want to be able to give better visuals so that my visual learning students will have a better chance of grasping the things I explain in the classroom. Check out the picture!

1 comment:

  1. Cute ZooBurst - I really like how students can create their own books using this tool and the students enjoy the 'pop up'! :)

    These creative tools really allow students to stretch their thinking as well as personalizing their creativity - I hope that you do use both still and video cameras in your teaching and in allowing students to be assessed.

    ReplyDelete